HR ESSENTIALS - GERALDTON
Geraldton Primary School
75 Fitzgerald Street
GERALDTON WA 6530
Wednesday 20 November 2019
9.00am - 12.15pm - morning tea is provided OR
12.45pm - 4.00pm - afternoon tea is provided
These workshop sessions will assist you in determining effective methods of utilising your human resource skills to successfully recruit, support and work with staff.
1. Running an effective merit selection process - will identify what is involved from start to finish and how to provide individualised feedback to support each applicant.
2. Staff Induction and Mandatory Training – we will review policies that govern this, understand the mandatory training staff need to complete and resources to support new employees.
3. Staff Code of Conduct – what constitutes code of conduct and how can staff acknowledge this?
4. Awards and Agreements – we will review and interpret entitlements for school support staff, including staff returning to work after periods of unpaid leave.
5. Calculating RDO’s – how are these calculated for cleaners during vacation cleaning and what gardeners are entitled to?
6. Effective Planning and Time Management – planning for 2020 and identifying ways in which to do this in a busy environment.
7. Records Management – what needs to be kept or archived; including how to record archival and disposal documentation.
With greater school flexibility in employing teaching staff, there is now more emphasis on having a professional and competitive job application.
Jackie Watt has extensive human resource experience, is a regular member on teaching and non-teaching recruitment panels within Western Australia and presenter at schools and various associations.
Participants will receive all stationery, handouts and morning/afternoon tea.
Cost is $140.00 per person
For more information please contact Jackie on 0429 166 897 or email@example.com